Jobs For 14 Year Olds
As a 14 year old, or a parent or relative of a 14 year old, you may be wondering: What jobs are available?
It is important to realize that since 14 is under the legal employment age, you need to think outside of the box when looking for a job. To help you out, we have brainstormed some great jobs that don’t require your typical employee to employer contract. Here are some great jobs for 14 year olds:
I have split these into two sections. One section is online jobs for 14 year olds. This will teach you how I used to make over $2000 per month taking online surveys.
The next section is called summer jobs for 14 year-olds. This will teach you some ways you can work to make a living instead of working online.
Online Jobs For 14 Year-Olds
With the increasingly web savvy youth, 14 year olds can now turn their job search online. If this is something that sounds interesting to you, consider the following way to make good money online taking surveys:
- Sign up for only the most legitimate survey sites. Many survey sites are scams, but I have found a few that are legitimate and have good reviews. You will have to sign up for at least 2 or 3 to start so that you begin to see a consistent flow of survey opportunities coming in. Here are the three best survey sites I have found:
- Global Test Market – This is an accredited Better Business Bureau survey site.
- 5 In 5 Now – Sends you $5 survey opportunities every day.
- Once you are signed up, simply wait for the surveys to get delivered into your inbox. Set a time to take the surveys, and let the cash roll in!
Summer Jobs For 14 Year-Olds
Here are some classic summer jobs for 14 year olds, or jobs that you can even do while going to school:
- Lawn Mower – A classic, but great job option for any 14 year old is mowing lawns. Since this is typically an under the table arrangement age is not a barrier. Consider first asking the neighbors if they would be willing to let you mow their lawns. Then you can expand to other friends and family if more income is needed. For a typical lawn (5000 sq. ft. or less) you should charge $20. If you are also weed eating and edging you are able to charge closer to $40 or even $50. Check out this WikiAnswer article for more on lawn mowing charges.
- House/Baby Sitting – Babysitting and house sitting can be another great job for 14 year-olds. Consider asking your friends and family if they need a babysitter or someone to watch their house/pets when they are gone. You must have a reputation of being very responsible and trustworthy for your age to seek this sort of job. Expect to make between $10 and $15 dollars per hour as a babysitter. For more information on finding a babysitting job, check out our article on babysitting jobs for teens.
- Working For A Friend Or Family Members Business – Consider your network of friends and family and see if any of these people own their own business. If so, there may be a possibility for you to work “under the table.” If you are close with the business owner, they may be willing to overlook your age and give you a job.
For more information, check out our article on online jobs for teenagers.
I hope this has helped you in your job search. If you have any questions about finding a job, how much you should be getting paid, or just about anything else, please feel free to ask a question in the comment box below.
We also have numerous other articles on jobs for teenagers here.